OK, so I just signed up for a reading challenge over at goodreads. I'm usually not too good with those challenges. Life tends to get in the way.. I'm keeping my hopes up for this one though!
Flip Flop: 1-4 books
Wedge: 5-8 books
Gladiator: 9+ books
1. August 4 is Friendship Day. Read a book from the shelves of one of your Goodreads friends.
2. August 9 is Book Lover’s Day. Read anything you want!!
3. August 16 is National Tell a Joke Day. Read a book that makes you laugh
4. August 16 is National Thriftshop Day. Read a book that you got for free or cheap. Borrowed books count, too!
5. August 22 is Be an Angel Day. Read a book featuring angels or demons.
- Fledgling - Katrina Cope
6. August 22 is also National Tooth Fairy Day in the US. Read a book featuring fairies. (The Fey or any creature you traditionally think of as a fairy.)
- The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
7. August 26 is Women’s Equality Day. Read a book with a kickass heroine.
- Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews
8. August 27 is Global Forgiveness Day. Give another chance to an author or series you had previously given up on or are thinking about giving up on.
- A Local Habitation - Seanan McGuire
9. August 30 is Frankenstein Day. (Also, Mary Shelley’s birthday.) Read a book with a scary monster or mad scientist/doctor.
10. Legend says champagne was invented by Dom Perignon in August 1693. Read something “bubbly”. Anything light, fluffy, funny, or a quick, easy read.
11. The Panama Canal is opened on August 15, 1914. Open a new-to-you world by reading the first book in a new series or a book by a new-to-you author.
- Seas of Dark Storm - Amber Silvia
12. The Waffle Iron was patented by Cornelius Swarthout of Troy, New York, on August 24, 1869. Read a book with a “yummy” character. (You define ‘yummy’.)
13. The Beatles begin their last US concert tour in Aug 1966. Read the final book in a series that has ended or the most recently published book in and ongoing series.
- Magic Shifts - Ilona Andrews
14. August is Romance Awareness Month. Read any kind of romance book.